Golfers of all levels need to know the distance to the green, the hazards, and even their location on the course. That’s why a good GPS golf app is essential. It can help you measure your shots, track your scores, and save time in your game.
There are plenty of golf GPS apps available for free, but not all of them are created equal. To help you choose the best one for you, here are some of the top-rated free golf GPS apps on the market today:
- Golfshot – Golfshot offers detailed maps with distances to any point on the course, as well as aerial images and satellite views. You can also keep track of your scores and stats over time, and it has a social network that lets you connect with other golfers.
- Golflogix – Golflogix is a popular app that features an interactive map with distances to any point on the course. It also offers detailed scorecards and stat tracking over time, as well as leaderboards so you can compare your scores with others.
- GolfLogik – This app is designed to help you improve your game by providing detailed hole-by-hole analysis. It features an interactive map with distances to any point on the course, plus scoring and stat tracking.
- Hole19 – Hole19 is a great app for tracking your stats over time and connecting with other players. It has an interactive map with distances to any point on the course, plus it has a virtual caddy feature that can provide advice on club selection.
- SwingU – SwingU is an all-in-one golf app that includes a GPS rangefinder, digital scorecard, statistics tracking system, and more. It also includes tips from top coaches and access to exclusive deals.
However by considering factors such as features offered (score tracking or advice from pro coaches), cost (free vs paid subscriptions) and frequency of use (occasional vs regular play) it becomes much easier to narrow down which free golf GPS app is right for you.